Exclusively for UCLA faculty, this two-workshop series examines opportunities for continued involvement after retirement in your department, the Academic Senate and the UCLA campus and delves into the nuts and bolts of the retirement process.
Session I: Navigating the Path toward Retirement
Friday, February 16, 9:30am – 11:30am
This workshop begins with an overview of ensuring that your emerita/us years will be both secure and professionally satisfying. Topics include understanding your rights and privileges as an emeritus/a professor, negotiating a Pathways to Retirement agreement that sets out your plans for up to two years prior to retirement and three years following, and coordinating your departmental agreement with UC retirement benefits and other retirement resources. Then a representative from UC/Fidelity Services will discuss financial planning and management in your retirement years. The formal program will conclude at approximately 11:30am, at which time Q + A will be available.
Professor Emeritus David Lopez is UCLA’s Faculty Retirement Liaison. Please consult his website prior to the workshop.
Session II: The UC Retirement Process & Benefits in Retirement
Friday, February 23, 9:30am – 11:30am
Representatives from the Campus Human Resources Office will discuss planning for retirement and navigating the UC Retirement System. Topics will include the UC Retirement Plan (UCRP) benefit payment options; survivor benefits; continuation of health and welfare benefits into retirement; and timelines for completing the retirement process. Registrants will be provided with their unique UCRP Retirement Profiles, based on their own records of UCRS service credit.
Download your Retirement Booklets
The ERRC has paper copies in our office at 1116 Rolfe Hall.
- UCnet Retirement Planning Resources
- Health & Medical Plans
- Retiree Medical Plan Costs (2023)
- Monthly Webinars
- Retirement Initiation Packet
- Online Retirement Benefit Estimator (UCRAYS): If you have not already done so, you can use the online estimator to estimate your retirement income. Remember, these are estimates only. To create your personal account on UC Retirement At Your Service (UCRAYS), go to UCRAYS and select “Register.” After you verify your identity , choose “Retirement Estimates” . You can then select “Create Retirement Estimates” to model different retirement scenarios. You may also estimate your retiree health insurance coverage.
- UCRAYS is also where you will see your Retirement Tier, and Service Credit Summary
- Campus Staff Retirement Counselors:
- UC Healthcare Facilitators:
- Serving employees with last names A - K in ALL departments, Erika Castillo
- Serving employees with last names L - Z in ALL departments, Debra Wells
- Email: HCFHelp@chr.UCLA.edu
- Purchase UC Service Credits
- Survivor Benefits
- Cost of Living Increase
- UC Contribution - Under Eligibility Guidelines
- Returning to UC after Retirement (Recall)
- Lump Sum Cashout
- Out of State (Via Benefits)
- Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO)
- Group Insurance Eligibility Fact Sheet for Retirees
- Medicare Fact Sheet
- 2023 Medicare Premiums
- Social Security
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program (HICAP) for free Medicare counseling
- HICAP - Los Angeles County